Happy New Year!
I love the buzz of a New Year. When the yoga studios are packed and people are reflecting on all that can happen in the coming days. There is something really beautiful about a collective energy of hope and dreams. And while I hate how much the fitness and weight-loss industry commercialize this, I do think there is something powerful about claiming what you want to accomplish.
I wanted to use this post to highlight some of the wonderful books, blogs, and routines that have helped inspire, brighten, and encourage my own growth.
- This year I was looking to let go of excess material items to create space in both my apartment as well as my finances. I found The Minimalists Podcast, Blog, and documentary (which you can now watch on Netflix) all super inspiring. Their TEDx talk is also a great way to learn about minimal-zing and shedding the excess material items to be able to recognize what truly matters.
- If you are looking for a really inspiring blog and podcast, check out the Good Life Project & Jonathan Fields. I have loved the Good Life Project podcast for a while, and have really enjoyed reading the book How to Live a Good Life and getting simple daily ideas for practices that help improve all areas of your life. I find his work very relatable, and am always learning something new.
- Another podcast I love listening to is Rob Bell’s podcast The Robcast which is all about spirituality and intentional living.
- Beauty Secrets of the Bible by Ginger Garrett- I love the simple remedies in this book and now use olive oil and honey on my face daily. I have super sensitive skin and am prone to redness and rosacea,and following her honey tonic has helped immensely. Here is a great free download of the three things I do to my skin.
- Bentonite face masks- I love to do this every so often as an at-home spa treatment. I just combine one teaspoon of bentonite clay with one teaspoon of Apple Cider Vingar and put a thin layer over my face. I wait 10-20 minutes until the mask is dry, and than use warm water and a wash cloth to remove the mask. I always makes my skin feel super soft and helps with any pimples.
~small daily actions toward health~
- One green smoothie a day. This is a great website with resources about making smoothies and healthy drinks which are a simple way to boost your health year round.
- Meditation. I have been loving Jonathan Field’s book How to Live a Good Life and especially have been inspired by his meditations. His Metta (loving kindness) Meditation is really beautiful. I also like to listen to the Hay House Meditation podcast
- Gratitude Journaling. I started a bullet journal and use that to write down my daily gratitudes, but any journal will work.
- At home yoga- I love Anita Goa’s online yoga classes and love all the variety she provides on her YouTube channel. Check it out here.
What things have been inspiring you lately? I’d love to hear in the comments below!