Kale Taco Salad, and Courage

Hey there!

image

 

It’s a chilly morning over here. I held off on my smoothie ritual to eat something with a little more warmth!

I wanted to share some insight I had yesterday about courage. One of my favorite things lately has been listening to a podcast when I go out for a walk or a run. There’s something really grounding about listening to something insightful and inspiring while being outside moving my body.

My favorite podcast is from Katie Dalebout (of the Wellness Wonderland) and her podcast The Wellness Wonderland Radio.

I also love TED Talks and TED Radio from NPR.

Yesterday I was listening to a podcast about Courage, and it had meΒ thinking quite a bit. The podcast shared stories of people who didn’t see themselves as courageous, yet were able to speak out or act out against things that were wrong when no one else was doing anything about it. One woman shared that she surveyed countries all around the world, and discovered in each country about 80% of people won’t speak out or act out against things they consider wrong. While the other 20% of people, who in most ways aren’t any different then anyone else, do speak out against those things. These people are willing to speak out, despite risk of fighting against the norm.

This podcast left me thinking about my own life and my own courage. Would I be apart of the brave 15%?

While I don’t know the answer to this, I do know I am hoping to help serve others in every capacity I can.

And with that, here I’m sharing a Kale Taco Salad to help you serve up extra greens and love to your body ❀

image

Kale Taco Salad

1 taco seasoning packet

1 cup quinoa, uncooked

2 cups water

1/2 avocado

1 red bell pepper

kale

Drizzle of olive oil

1/2 lemon, juiced

Nutritional yeast, to taste (optional)

Cilantro, to taste (optional)

Cook quinoa as directed (typically 1 cup quinoa to two cups water, bring to boil, lower heat and cover. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes). When you lower the heat, add the taco seasoning packet and stir well. Meanwhile, mix the kale with a squeeze of lemon juice and olive oil. Allow the kale to set while quinoa is cooking. Dice bell pepper and avocado.

Once quinoa is finished, add the portion you would like to your kale salad. Top with bell pepper and avocado, then squeeze remaining lemon over everything. Top with nutritional yeast and/or cilantro, if desired. Enjoy!

Take a few breaths before you start eating, and be grateful for what this food will do for your body. Eat slowly and savor each bite.

Hope you have a beautiful day!

XO,

Ashley

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s